Senior Tax Accountant Hiring In Avalara USA
Avalara is a rapidly growing technology company that’s fundamentally changing the world of transactional tax compliance. We deliver comprehensive, cloud-based automation solutions that adapt to the ever-changing global tax landscape.
The Finance team at Avalara is seeking a Senior Tax Accountant to support our global tax function. The role is an exciting opportunity to work for a fast-growing technology company and is ideal for individuals seeking to broaden their tax experience within a small internal tax team. The Senior Tax Accountant will assist with a broad range of tax matters including compliance, audits, research, process improvement, accounting, and the optimal utilization of tax technologies. The role reports to the Tax Director.
- Assist with federal, state, local and foreign tax return filings across various tax types.
- Prepare tax calculations and other information necessary for foreign and U.S. income tax compliance and income tax provision calculations.
- Perform tax account reconciliations and record journal entries.
- Research tax matters while documenting facts, issues, and conclusions.
- Monitor tax legislation updates and analyze their impacts
- Analyze data and prepare complex calculations using advanced Excel functionality.
- Assist with franchise tax, indirect tax, information reporting, withholding tax, property tax, gross receipts tax, and other tax types, as needed.
- Other tasks and projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (advanced degree or certification a plus)
- 3 to 5 years of combined experience at a public accounting firm and in industry.
- Experience in most of the following areas:
- Preparing federal, state, local and international corporate income tax returns,
- Calculating income tax balances pursuant to ASC 740
- Preparing account reconciliations and journal entries,
- Performing basic tax research using tax research tools and other resources, and
- Analyzing, reconciling, and summarizing large data sets using Excel.
- Advanced Excel skills, strong knowledge of other MS Office software, and experience with general ledger accounting systems (NetSuite and AvaTax a plus).
- The ideal candidate has the following traits:
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility,
- High integrity and ethical standards,
- Ability to learn quickly and independently,
- Ability to balance many projects/tasks simultaneously
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication, and
- Excellent organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated and proactive in resolving matters along with process improvement
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation. The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Brazil, Canada, India, U.K, Belgium and across Europe.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.