Overseas Domestic Worker visa For UK 2024
You can apply for a visa to visit the UK with your employer if you:
- live outside the UK
- are a domestic worker in a private household
- have worked for your employer for at least one year
- meet the other eligibility requirements
Domestic workers include:
- those providing personal care for the employer and their family
How long it will take
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.
You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.
It costs £637 for an Overseas Domestic Worker visa.
How long you can stay
You can use this visa to visit the UK with your employer for up to 6 months. You must return home at the end of the 6 months.
You cannot extend an Overseas Domestic Worker visa.
What you can and cannot do
- travel abroad and return to the UK to complete your stay
- change employers to another job as a domestic worker in a private household – only if you do not stay longer than the 6 months
- work except as a domestic worker in a private household
- live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visit